Car rental locations near Cuenca Airport
If necessary, you can pick up a car at one of the surrounding points. They include downtown car rental locations, offices near train stations, and counters within the airports.
Keep in mind that a particular rental car may have different prices in several locations, thereby allowing you to save money by finding the cheapest price. As a rule, in an off-airport pickup spot, it’s possible to rent a car at the lowest price - this is due to the skipping of the airport tax. However, at the same time, the fleet of cars at the airport is greater, which expands your travel capabilities.
Anyway, compare deals in nearby locations to Cuenca Airport, Ecuador before making your final choice.
Nearby downtown car rental locations
- Cuenca - City Centre
2 km / 1.24 mi
Map of locations near Cuenca Airport, Ecuador
Want to rent a car in a different spot? For your convenience of finding the desired car rental location near Cuenca Airport, Ecuador, you can check the pickup point map of the surrounding area. This will allow you to have the car exactly where you need it.
Pick up places are situated within easy reach, which makes it possible to get to them by bus or taxi without any problems.
Each location provided has contact details, including address, phone number, and approximate distance from Cuenca Airport, Ecuador. By clicking on any of them you will get a list of available rental car offers there.
Show in Google Maps
FAQ - Car rental in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador
How to get a cheap car rental in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
Affordable price is what almost every renter wants to get. Of course, it may not be as low as you want, but there are several methods to increase your chances of choosing a car without the risk of overpaying.
Here's how to rent a car at the most favorable financial conditions in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador:
- Book your vehicle as early as possible. Your rental car will cost less 7-10 days prior to the journey.
- Plan to start your trip on a weekday. This will allow you to reduce the daily cost of a vehicle.
- Travel as long as possible. As a rule, the longer the period of rental, the lower the price of each day. Consequently, the total cost of a 7-day rental may be lower than what you pay for 5-6 days.
- Explore prices in the nearby pickup spots. Very often, your favorite model can cost there a few dollars a day cheaper.
- Benefit from a small car. Obviously, the smaller the vehicle, the cheaper it is. Plus, you can further save on fuel.
- Return the car to the same location. One-way car rental is not considered to be a budget-friendly option, so avoid it if possible.
- Don’t cross the border. This will cause extra payments and excessive material losses.
- Look for special offers. Discounts and promotions from rental car companies in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador will help to reserve a car up to 20% cheaper.
This means you can completely trust these agencies.
What rental cars are best in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
The correctly selected deal is a guarantee that you won’t overpay the extra money, and at the same time can fully enjoy the trip by using all the advantages of the vehicle.
At Rental24h.com, you will be amazed by the rich selection of cars: compact, economy, mid-size, premium, minivan, SUV, convertible – they will suit your wildest travel plans.
Do you have a grandiose trip with your big family in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador? The 7-seater minivan Dodge Grand Caravan will give comfort to passengers and the necessary space for luggage.
Are you a budget solo-traveler who needs a fuel-efficient rental car? Kia Rio, Ford Fiesta or similar are at your disposal.
Also, the Ford Mustang convertible fits perfectly into the concept of a summer trip in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador, while such luxury cars as the Cadillac XTS or Chrysler 300 will be the perfect complement to your image on a business trip.
For those who need a car to explore country roads or national parks, an SUV will be the best offer.
A comfortable mid-size or full-size sedan is another option that will allow you to feel the king of the highway.
Can I pay for my rental car with a debit card in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
Yes, you can pay for your reservation with a debit card on our website. But car rental deposit is the only obstacle that may not allow you to pick up a car with a debit card. What does this mean?
Companies need a financial guarantee of driver liability for damages, fines and possible penalties that are not covered by insurance. This is a certain amount of money which is part of the credit limit of a bank card. Accordingly, it can be blocked on a credit card only.
Can someone drive my rental car in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
Yes, you may have one or several people at once except you who can drive your vehicle. To do this, you need to include the additional driver option in your contract, while your authorized person must meet the same requirements and have a driver’s license and an ID passport.
This option can be chosen both at the online reservation stage and requested directly on the counter/office of the company in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador.
The cost of an extra driver is approximately $10 per day, but very often suppliers offer additional driver options free of charge.
What insurance should I choose for my car rental in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
A road trip always brings positive emotions, vivid impressions, and pleasant memories. However, it can sometimes be overshadowed by various unpleasant incidents on the road, and as a result, you may incur material liability.
If you want to fully protect your rental car, then full insurance is the only way to avoid any further expenses. You can purchase it during pick-up at rental desk. Of course, full insurance is ideal, but it can be assembled from several types of coverage.
First, you need CDW/LDW insurance that will protect your car from damage and theft. It has a certain excess limit which shows the amount with which your responsibility begins.
The second type is PAI/PEC package. It’s needed to reimburse expenses associated with obtaining medical care by the driver or passengers.
Another must-have protection is SLI. It cancels your liability in case of property damage/personal injury caused to third parties.
All events that are not covered by insurance are usually within a deposit amount. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about anything, but enjoy your trip!
What type of fuel policy to choose in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
The type of fuel policy shows how you will refuel your car. If you don’t want to spend time at a gas station and devote all your free time visiting sights and entertainment venues - choose prepaid gasoline.
However, a more preferred option is “pick up full, return full” option. This means you collect a car with a full tank of gas, and you must drop it off with the same amount of fuel. Before returning the car in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador, you will need to visit a gas station to refuel the tank of your rental car.
As a result, you will only pay for the fuel you used, and the price of 1 gallon will be much lower.
How to pick up a rental car in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
A car rental pickup is a very serious procedure, because any problems on your part may force the company to cancel the deal, which will completely ruin your upcoming trip. To prevent this, follow a few important tips:
- Check the availability of documents that are needed to pick up your rental car in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador You will need a driver’s license, IDP (if necessary), any identification document, and a printed reservation voucher.
- If you want to have an additional driver, the same paper set must be provided by each extra driver.
- Make sure your credit card expiration date is in order and the credit limit is enough to block the deposit.
- Try not to be late when looking for a counter. If your plane is delayed, notify the car rental provider.
- Carefully study the contract, and if required, specify the details that you don’t understand.
- Add the necessary additional options or equipment.
- Before you collect your rental car, make sure that the model meets the declared specifications.
- Examine the car for scratches. If present, take photos and ask the employee to mention them.
- Check that the amount of fuel in the tank is in accordance with the chosen fuel policy.
- If everything is OK, start the engine and go!
How to drop off a rental car in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador?
Easy car rental return in Cuenca Airport, Ecuador is exactly what you need after an exhausting trip. How to make it as quick and trouble-free as possible? Just check out a few tips:
- Always keep in mind the exact car drop-off time. Estimate the approximate time necessary to reach the return place, taking into consideration possible traffic jams.
- Don’t be late. Otherwise, you risk paying for the next rental day.
- Don’t forget to refuel your car on your way to drop-off point and don’t lose the receipt.
- Maintain your car clean or you will have to pay for returning a dirty vehicle.
- Make sure that the necessary documents are with you.
- Don’t leave personal items (bag, wallet, phone, charger) inside the car.
- After arriving at the spot, inform the company that you are ready to return the rental car.
- Pass the keys to the provider’s employee or simply leave it in the place agreed in advance.
Is it better to rent a car from the airport or not? ›
Are airport rental cars more expensive? Turns out, it's about 26% more expensive to rent a car at the airport versus at its downtown counterpart. That's according to a NerdWallet analysis conducted in March of 360 rental car prices (including taxes and fees) across America's 20 largest airports.How do I get a huge discount on a rental car? ›
If you're looking for a discount car rental
Being a member of an organization or a wholesale club often provides more benefits than just discounts on products or services. AAA, AARP and Costco all provide car rental discounts to their members. If you're not a member, search for a vehicle on AutoSlash.
Who is the easiest car rental company? Enterprise and Hertz offer the easiest and fastest way to rent a car. With exceptional customer service, special pick-up and drop-off lanes for members, as well as dedicated phone lines, the two companies have streamlined the rental process for customers.Is it cheaper to rent a car when you book a flight? ›
The best way to improve your odds of a price drop is to book your rental early—ideally as soon as you book your flight. Even if rental rates are high, you're still in a win-win situation. If rates go up, you've already locked in a lower fare. If rates go down, you can cancel for free and rebook cheaper.How to avoid airport car rental fees? ›
- Avoid paying for excessive insurance. ...
- Compare multiple rental options. ...
- Fill up gas before returning. ...
- Return your car on time. ...
- Make a reservation with Avail car sharing.
Make sure you get to the car rental agency early in the day. If you arrive before noon, there's a good chance you'll get a wider selection of vehicles at a better price. When you reserve a vehicle in advance, be sure to get there at the designated time.How do you politely ask for discount on rent? ›
- Time it right. Start the conversation shortly before your lease renewal is due. ...
- Point out the benefits of your staying. ...
- Offer something in return. ...
- Demonstrate you're a model tenant. ...
- Point out repairs. ...
- Suggest a temporary reduction in the rental price.
The dealer will try to not let you go and minimizing the chances of cancelling the deal will affect the discount range you can negotiate with. There is the possibility that the discount value can go up to 10 percent.What is the cheapest website to book a rental car? ›
- Costco Travel.
- American Express Travel.
Look at sites like Kayak, Priceline and Cheapcarrental.com to compare your options and narrow in on the best deal. Then go directly to the car rental company's site. You might find an even steeper discount that way, particularly with “Pay Now” options.
Is Enterprise cheaper than Hertz? ›
Is Hertz cheaper than Enterprise? We ran multiple quote comparisons and by large, found Enterprise to be more expensive than Hertz. Prices differed from $70 to up $200 for both prepay and pay on pick-up options.Are car rental prices negotiable? ›
If you're standing at the company's rental desk, and they are that close to renting you a car, they're probably willing to negotiate. And sometimes they will negotiate a lot. Even if you find haggling embarrassing, just go for it.How can I avoid getting scammed on a rental car? ›
- Your defense: Call your insurance and credit card company ahead of time to see whether you can avoid an unnecessary purchase. ...
- Your defense: Take photos or video with a digital or camera phone when you first get the car — and again when you return it.
The rate to go one way may also be higher than if returning to the same location. Please book your one way rentals in advance. Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge, mileage charge, or higher rate.What are the disadvantages of car rental? ›
- Higher prices. It is a fact that the rental prices are higher than the prices of public transportation. ...
- Strict terms. ...
- Extra charges. ...
Arriving a few minutes early at the counter is less of a problem than arriving late. Most rental companies will let you take the car early if it's available. As a general rule, leave 45 – 60 minutes between expected landing time and the car rental pick-up time.What is the best day of the week to pick up a rental car? ›
Most rental agencies will charge fees per day the car is in the possession of the customer. In this case, if possible, picking up the rental on a Saturday is ideal. While this is the middle of the weekend and can cost an extra day of the rental charge, it guarantees the rental rate.Do you need insurance to rent a car? ›
Do you need insurance to rent a car? No, you don't need to have insurance because rental cars are already insured. That said, some form of rental insurance is strongly advised because if you rent a car without insurance, you are responsible for any damages to the vehicle.What do you say when negotiating rent? ›
- Be polite. ...
- Explain your strengths as a renter. ...
- Let them know you have options. ...
- Pick the right offer. ...
- Leverage other properties' amenities. ...
- Offer the landlord something of value. ...
- Be open to adjusting your lease. ...
- Take non-monetary concessions.
If you absolutely have to reply negatively to the customer's request for a discount, do so politely. Say you're sorry, but that the price you offered them is the best value package. Stand your ground without getting defensive or forceful, even if the customer insists.
How do you ask for rent without being rude? ›
The most polite way to ask for payment is to ask before anyone is late! When you send a reminder a few days before the rent is due, you can be very polite. Sending a reminder about an upcoming payment rather than a request for a late payment is always going to be a more welcome message.What is the 20 for 10 rule for a car? ›
It's more like general guidelines and a way to plan for vehicle expenses. Basically, the rule goes that you provide a down payment of 20% of the balance, sign a loan for a four-year period, and pay no more than 10% of your monthly income on car expenses.How do you ask for a discount on a car? ›
Ask them to beat your best price. Always remember to walk out if you don't reach a deal you like. Don't forget to discuss details such as warranty limits, loan and financing offers, or any add-ons the dealership might have included in your pricing. Be sure to ask about any new vehicle rebates that may be available.How much of a discount should I ask for in a car? ›
Based on your pricing homework, you should have a good idea of how much you're willing to pay. Begin by making an offer that is realistic but 15 to 25 percent lower than this figure. Name your offer and wait until the person you're negotiating with responds.Why does enterprise charge $200? ›
The company holds this sum to guard against scenarios like an accident, late return or additional fuel charge. Always ask how much will be held on your card and when you can expect your deposit back. It usually depends on the type of car your rent, where you pick up the car, and how you pay.How do I get the best deal on enterprise? ›
- Weekend specials.
- Drive out programs.
- Special coupons through some of our Corporate Partnerships.
- Enterprise Plus members receive e-mail specials and customers may also sign up for email extras at any time.
Can you negotiate prices at Enterprise Car Sales? There's no negotiation in the Enterprise car-buying process. The final sales price is posted on each vehicle.Why are rental cars so cheap right now? ›
That is because the shortage of semiconductor chips that has held up auto manufacturing persists, leaving rental car companies to operate with lower inventory after they sold off chunks of their fleets in the early days of the pandemic.Can you negotiate price with Hertz? ›
Are the sale prices negotiable? We do not negotiate on pricing. All our cars are marked with a no-haggle price that is often below market value.Why is it so expensive to get a rental car? ›
Demand for rental cars is outpacing the supply of available vehicles, so rental car prices have gone sky high. If you have been surprised by unusually high rental car rates, or by rental cars being generally unavailable, read on.
Is it cheaper to rent a car from an airport or a local location? ›
Rental companies often price their vehicles in peculiar ways, too. For example, cars rented at the airport are almost always more expensive because of added taxes and fees. Rent at an off-airport location and you could save 20 percent or more.Is it cheaper to rent a car in advance or on the spot? ›
But when it comes to rental cars, this might surprise you: The best time to rent a car is last minute, when they tend to be cheaper. That's according to a NerdWallet analysis conducted in March 2022 of 360 rental car prices from eight major car rental companies in the United States.What is the best site to rent a car on? ›
- Book Directly Through the Car Rental Agency's Website.
If you're taking a trip of 3 or 4 days, it's sometimes cheaper to book a car for a week and then return it early. So before you book, check if the weekly rate is cheaper than the daily one. Just be sure to read the rental's fine print to check that you won't get hit with extra charges for returning the car early.Is Enterprise or Hertz cheaper? ›
Is Hertz cheaper than Enterprise? We ran multiple quote comparisons and by large, found Enterprise to be more expensive than Hertz. Prices differed from $70 to up $200 for both prepay and pay on pick-up options.What day is best to rent a car? ›
Weekends are the best days to rent a car because most people do not need them on the weekend. Weekend rentals are a great way to take a day trip somewhere if someone doesn't want to rack up miles on their own vehicles. Most car rental places will offer price points that include unlimited mileage.What time of day is best to rent a car? ›
Make sure you get to the car rental agency early in the day. If you arrive before noon, there's a good chance you'll get a wider selection of vehicles at a better price. When you reserve a vehicle in advance, be sure to get there at the designated time.How many days in advance should I rent a car? ›
How Far in Advance to Rent a Car. You can always browse rental car prices the second you book your trip. But generally speaking, if you're renting the average car (like a compact or economy vehicle) during a normal time of the year (not peak travel season), four weeks is a good time frame to book.